Project title: ACTION THROUGH DATA « RAD »
Funded by United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Border area between Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone (post-Ebola area);
- Border area between Burkina Faso, Mali and Niger (Sahel area);
- The border districts between Côte d'Ivoire and Ghana along the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor
Start date: September 2016
End date: August 2021
Project Development Objective (PDO):
- Assist WAHO in the consolidation of the regional health data warehouse
- Integration of all data sources into a single database;
- Support for the improvement of the production, dissemination and use of health information (weekly and quarterly epidemiological bulletins, regional health profile, regional statistical yearbook);
- Strengthen cross-border health and epidemiological surveillance
- Cross-border health mapping, Monitoring of EPDs, vaccination, HIV, Cross-border collaboration.
- C1: Improving health outcomes through the use of disruptive health technologies
- Equip and empower key stakeholders to make evidence-based health care delivery decisions;
- Increase vaccinations to targeted cross-border populations on a regular basis.
- CR1: United States Agency for International Development (USAID);
- CR2: West African Health Organization (WAHO);
- CR3: Broadreach;
- CR4: Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD);
- IA1: Broadreach;
- IA2: West African Health Organization (WAHO);
- IA3: Jembi Health Systems;
- IA4: Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD);
- IA5: Duke University.
Linkage of activities with WAHO's 2016-2020 Strategic Plan.
- Program 1: Health information and research for health;
- Program 4: Health Promotion;
- Program 7: Maternal, child, adolescent, youth health including the aged
- Program 11: Technical assistance to Member States;
- Program 12: Technical and financial cooperation and policy harmonization.