WAHO Institutional Development and Capacity Building Programme
The final evaluation of WAHO’s first Strategic Plan and its Administrative Audit have identified institutional and organizational weaknesses including the inadequacy of staff, the lack of further skill training of staff, the crampedness of the workspace as well as the low visibility of the actions conducted by WAHO.
Definied in Strategic Orientation 4: Institutional Development of WAHO
Definition of the Problem
The good implementation of WAHO’s mission is hampered by the deficit of staff, infrastructures and equipment and in representativeness in the countries.
Strategic Objective 9
To strengthen WAHO’s capacity.
Expected Outcome 9
Capacity of WAHO strengthened.
- Existing infrastructure rehabilitated and new offices built;
- WAHO’s visibility with stakeholders improved;
- Staff and Liaison Officers capacity enhanced;
- WAHO’s ICT capacity strengthened;
- WAHO’s capacities to mobilize additional financing resources strengthened.
Priority Issues to be addressed under this programme
- Training ;
- Human Resource Management;
- Communication and ICT
All the versions of this article: